Keep stakes low
Create a safe and supportive environment that allows students to explore, experiment, and learn without the fear of failure or negative repercussions.
This freedom to explore and immerse themselves in the experience enables creativity, deeper understanding, and genuine learning to occur.
Dos and Don’ts
Keep activities short
- Students have a heavy workload already
- This generation has low attention span
Refrain from grading
- Can reduce motivation in low-performing students to participate.
- Students will tie these activities/games to school, causing them to view them as burdensome chores rather than enjoyable experiences.
Avoid score keeping
- Student already have a grade-focused mindset
- Score-keeping can lead students to value only the end goal of scoring higher.